The process of getting out of debt can be a long and challenging journey, but it’s important to remember that it’s not impossible.
There are other people who have been in the exact same situation as you are, if not worse, and they made choices that completely turned around their financial situations and got their finances back on track.
Your circumstances are no different!
If you are in debt then you are not alone!
Debt can be difficult, but getting control of it and living a life that is debt free is not impossible.
It is something you will have to work at every day, so we’ve come up with some inspirational quotes that will encourage you towards getting out of debt.
30 Debt Quotes That’ll Make You Think
When you start to get overwhelmed, simply remember some of these quotes about debt, and let them motivate you to keep moving forward to a debt free lifestyle.
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The most important decisions about your goals are not what you are willing to do to achieve them, but what you are willing to give up.” – Dave Ramsey
- “The man who never has enough money to pay his debts has too much of something else.” – James Lendall Basford
- “A goal without a plan is just a dream.” – Dave Ramsey (our best Dave Ramsey tips here)
- “Debts are like children: the smaller they are the more noise they make.” – Spanish Proverb
- “Rather go to bed supperless, than rise in debt.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt.” – Daniel Hannan
- “Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.” – Henry Wheeler Shaw
- “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” – Charles A. Jaffe
- “A debt problem is, at its core, a budgeting problem.” – Natalie Pace
- “There are no shortcuts when it comes to getting out of debt.” – Dave Ramsey
- “Never spend your money before you have it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments. – Earl Wilson
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of out misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” – Martha Washington
- “His brow is wet with honest sweat, he earns whatever he can. And looks the whole world in the face, for he owes not any man.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “What can be added to the happiness of a man who is in health, out of debt, and has a clear conscience?” – Adam Smith
- “Budgeting has only one rule: do not go over budget.” – Leslie Tayne
- “Make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
- “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money, and I’ll tell you what they are.” – James W. Frick
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglas
- “To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, and something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “The only way you will ever permanently take control of your financial life is to dig deep and fix the root problem.” – Suze Orman
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
- “When you know the impact of little expenses, you will realize that there is nothing little in this world.” – Manoj Arora
- “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” – Will Smith
These inspirational debt quotes will help get the motivation flowing and get you back on track.
Do you know any inspirational quotes about debt you’d like to share?