They are known for having the lowest pharmaceutical prices in the market, but does Chemist Warehouse price match?
The Chemist warehouse policy claims that if you find a lower price on the same item at another competitor’s store in Australia, they will match it and give you 10% off the difference.
However, the price matching policy applies only to a maximum quantity of three of each product or otherwise specified retail limit. They will also only match pharmacies or businesses registered in Australia.
How to Get a Price Match at Chemist Warehouse
- How to Get a Price Match at Chemist Warehouse
- Does Chemist Warehouse Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
- Chemist Warehouse Price Match – Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Amazon?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Online?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Priceline Pharmacy?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Pharmacy Online?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Allow Zip Pay In-Store?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Do Afterpay?
- Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match David Jones?
- Other Ways to Save at Chemist Warehouse
- Price Matching at Chemist Warehouse
Chemist Warehouse is sometimes known as the “Mcdonald’s of pharmacy.” This is because it has over 500 stores in Australia alone and some of the lowest prices in the market.
But, sometimes, their competitors can give them a run for their money.
The store offers a great price-matching guarantee. Yet, the price matching policy can be a bit confusing. Here’s what Chemist Warehouse’s FAQ says you need to do to get a price match:
If you would like a price match at a physical store:
- Carry a catalogue from the competitor store with valid proof of their price.
- Purchase the item in-store.
- Request the discount during the time of purchase
- The staff may decide to confirm the price directly by contacting the competitor before accepting the price match.
- Once they confirm the prices, they will refund you for the price match and 10% off the difference.
If you would like to price match online:
- Purchase the product in the online store.
- Pay for the order in full.
- Send a direct link to the product on the competitors’ website it is being advertised on and your order number.
- Make sure to send your price match request within 24 hours of placing an order.
- Once they confirm the prices, they will refund you for the price match.
- After the price matching request is accepted, the 10% difference is awarded to the customer.
When price matching online, they also take into account the delivery fees.
You should note that Chemist Warehouse does not process a price match for purchases made through the Click and Collect service.
Their price matching policy excludes some products such as those that are:
- Part of a promo: Such as buy one get one free
- Out of stock
- On clearance or discontinued
- Products bought through Click and Collect
The price matching is limited to the following conditions:
- The price matching policy applies only an applicable retail limit which is a quantity of three of each product, at maximum.
- The pharmacies or businesses must be registered in Australia.
- If you shop for a product online, you have 24 hours to request a price match.
Sometimes stores in different locations may also have different rules on how they price match. For example, some customers have gone to some stores claiming that their price match policy only applies to non-prescription items.
Does Chemist Warehouse Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
What we mean by a price adjustment policy is whether Chemist Warehouse gives a price match and a refund after you have bought a product from them.
Unfortunately, Chemist Warehouse doesn’t perform price adjustments for already bought products in the event price drop or sale. Although no price adjustment policy exists for in-store purchases, you might get lucky if you talk to the staff.
There is also an option for returning the product and repurchasing it at the discounted price but that depends on the return policy for the item. You can find out more about their return policy at https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/AboutUs/ReturnsPolicy
Chemist Warehouse Price Match – Frequently Asked Questions
Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Amazon?
No. Chemist Warehouse does not do in-store price matching with Amazon. This is because Amazon is not registered as a retailer or a pharmacy in Australia.
But, if the item is for sale by Amazon itself and not a private seller, it may be possible to get an online price match.
This may not be guaranteed, but it won’t hurt to ask. Make sure to request the price match within 24 hours after your initial purchase.
Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Online?
They do not specifically exclude online purchases from their price-matching policy on their website. However, some people have trouble when requesting this in-store.
They usually reject price-matching requests from stores that are only online. If you buy from an online store without using the click-and-collect then they might price match.
Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Priceline Pharmacy?
Yes, Chemist Warehouse does price match Priceline Pharmacy since it meets all their conditions for the competitor of the price match. As long as the products are identical and available in stock, you can get a price match.
You will need Priceline Pharmacy’s catalogue or a link to the product ad in order to request a price match.
Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match Pharmacy Online?
Yes, as Pharmacy Online meets the conditions for a price match. It is registered as a pharmacy in Australia even though it’s an online-only store.
So, Chemist Warehouse price matches all identical products there. However, they might not necessarily match the price in-store, so it would be better to request the price match through their online store with a link to the product.
Does Chemist Warehouse Allow Zip Pay In-Store?
Yes, you can use zip pay to make purchases in-store at any Chemist Warehouse retailer.
Does Chemist Warehouse Do Afterpay?
Yes, you can use Afterpay to make purchases on Chemist Warehouse’s online store. However, you can only use it for purchases of 1000$ and above. You can not use Afterpay for in-store purchases.
Does Chemist Warehouse Price Match David Jones?
Should you find a lower price for the same product elsewhere, Chemist Warehouse will match it provided that the product is identical. The product must also be in stock.
Chemist warehouse offers price matching for David Jones and any other retail store even though it isn’t a pharmacy, as long as it is a registered business in Australia.
Other Ways to Save at Chemist Warehouse
Vouchers and Coupons
One way to save at Chemist Warehouse is by using vouchers. They usually have a list of active vouchers on their official website here.
Orders typically have terms and conditions. For example, 50% off on orders above $150. Remember to read the terms properly to know whether your vouchers are valid.
To use a voucher:
- Navigate to the cart page
- Click the Got a Voucher Code?
- Add it here hyperlink
- Enter the details of your voucher
Chemist Warehouse also posts its top deals and discounted products in its online shops. They also have cashback and coupons.
Chemist Warehouse offers free shipping if you buy items worth $50 or more. You can save up on shipping fees if you buy in bulk.
The store sometimes collaborates with other businesses, such as Commbank, where you can earn Commbank awards when you make purchases.
Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
It also has a loyalty program where you can earn points with Velocity frequent flyer. You can earn 2 Points on each $1 spent with eStore Velocity Frequent Flyer.
Tena Loyalty Points
They also have Tena loyalty points for both in-store and online purchases. You can find the terms and conditions of the Tena loyalty points here.
Price Matching at Chemist Warehouse
In short, Chemist Warehouse does price match registered retail or pharmaceutical companies in Australia. They also offer an extra 10% off the difference in the price when you find a cheaper price at a competing store. Their policy covers online and in-store purchases alike.