Halfords is the UK’s number one retailer when you want to buy minor car parts, kids’ and adults’ bikes, and all the accessories to go with your two or four-wheeled vehicle.
We all love to bag a bargain, though, so what happens next if you find the same item cheaper at a local or national retailer? Does Halfords price match?
Halfords does operate a price match policy for customers. This applies for 7 days after you’ve received your purchase. Any identical item qualifies, even if the other retailer’s price includes a special offer. The pledge also applies to Halfords branded products. To claim, the competitor’s price must be proven. You can ask in-store or contact Halfords online.
How to Get a Price Match at Halfords
- How to Get a Price Match at Halfords
- Does Halfords Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
- 6 Other Ways to Save at Halfords
- Halfords Price Match FAQs
- Summarising the Halfords Price Match Policy
The idea behind Halfords’ pricing is that you shouldn’t even need to claim a price match in the first place. This is because they try to stay on top of prices offered by the competition, and will adjust their discounts accordingly.
Many retailers do the same, though, so of course, it’s perfectly possible to sometimes find a cheaper price elsewhere.
If you do discover a lower selling price for a time you want to buy or have already purchased, then you can claim via the company’s price match policy.
To prove the competitor’s price, Halfords ask for a dated screenshot, a live link, or a written quotation for the identical branded or comparable own-brand product.
Supplying a live link to the competitor’s price is often the simplest way to claim.
The Halfords price match policy applies to their mobile vans and garages as well as the stores.
What are the Halford Price Match Terms and Conditions?
The Halfords Price Match does of course come with a list of applicable terms and conditions, as follows:
- For products, the brand, size, and colour must be exactly the same.
- For services, the complete price for all parts and labour will be used for comparison purposes.
- If delivery and/or fitting are included, then the competitor’s price must also include this. The delivery or fitting date may also be considered.
- The product must be in stock and available for collection or home delivery.
- Services should be carried out within 10 miles of a Halfords garage or store, or be carried out at the same location via a mobile fitting service.
- Halfords’ own brand wiper blades, batteries, tires, and bulbs can be compared to another own brand product, assuming this is fully fitted and has the same specification.
- The competitor’s price must be available to the general public. Products on offer are included, but must not include special personal or membership deals.
- Closing down sales, market stalls, and clearance event items are excluded.
- Bulk promotions – such as Buy One Get One Free – are excluded.
- Marketplace and auction items are also excluded.
- Discount vouchers and other promotional offers cannot be used in conjunction with a price match.
- The competitor should be UK-based, and the product designed for the UK market.
- For Click and Collect orders only, Halfords online prices will be matched in-store.
- The product or service must be available for collection or delivery.
- In the case of a competing garage, the service must be available at the same place and time.
- Halfords can modify or withdraw the price match at any time, and can also alter the Terms and Conditions whenever they wish.
You can claim the Price Promise in-store or by contacting Halfords online. This must be within 7 days of purchase or receipt.
How to Claim the Price Promise
To claim at a Halfords store or garage, visit the branch concerned and consult a member of staff.
They will ask for a live link, a dated screenshot, or a written quotation to confirm the competitor’s price.
If your claim is within Halford’s policy and the competitor’s price is proven, you’ll receive a refund for the difference. This should be done immediately in-store.
To claim the Halfords price match online, get in touch via the Contact Us page. There are dedicated customer service teams for stores, auto centres, mobile fitting, and more.
If using live chat, this is open between 8 am and 10 pm daily, including weekends. Alternatively, call 0330 135 9779. This line is open between 8 am and 6 pm Monday to Saturday, or 10 am to 5 pm on Sundays.
You should receive your refund for the difference in price within 7 to 14 working days when claiming online.
Does Halfords Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
The Halfords price match policy applies within seven days of delivery or purchase. So you have up to a week to claim your price match if you find a cheaper item.
Your price adjustment can be claimed online or in-store or online. You’ll need proof of purchase and to verify the lower competitor price via a link, written quote or dated screenshot.
If all the price match terms and conditions are met, you should receive a refund for the difference within 14 days or less.
6 Other Ways to Save at Halfords
If you want to spend as little as possible when buying a product or service from Halfords, make sure you try the following tips!
1. Look for Voucher Codes.
Check sites like Telegraph Vouchers for current deals at Halfords. There’s an ever-changing rage just waiting to be snapped up!
At the time of writing, the sort of discounts offered included up to 20% off home delivery orders, up to £200 off selected bikes and up to 10% off car servicing.
2. Visit Halfords’ Own Offers Page.
Halfords has its very own page detailing all its current deals and discounts.
Offers listed here at the time of writing included 10% off some child car seats, 20% off selected socket sets, and £20 off a branded dash cam.
3. Opt for Click and Collect.
At the present time, Halfords charges £3.99 for next-day delivery when you spend under £20.
Save on this by opting to click and collect at your local store instead. This may not be worthwhile if you’ll have to use fuel in going out of your way, but is ideal if you can ride there on your bike, are due to pass by, or can walk there.
4. Check Out Other Local Options.
Local garages or stores may be just as keen to beat Halfords on price as you are. If you don’t ask you don’t get, so it’s worth seeing if you could save a few quid.
Clinching a deal with a local small business can also give you the feel-good factor, as you’re helping someone who lives in the same part of the world as you do.
5. See What You Can Find Online.
Of course, small businesses also sell bikes, car parts, scooters, and more online. So why not give them a whirl?
They may offer a discount that you simply cannot get from a larger brand. Or maybe a big company themselves with the buying power to offer rock-bottom prices.
6. Time It Right.
All retailers hold regular sales throughout the year. This particularly applies to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the annual sales around Christmas time.
There may of course be a sale or special offer at any time of the year. So do keep your eyes peeled when planning a big purchase!
Halfords Price Match FAQs
Can I Get the Halfords Online Price In-Store?
Halfords will indeed apply its price match policy to goods and services bought in-store as opposed to online.
This applies to Click and Collect purchases only, rather than home delivery items. Simply ask in-store for a price match before you purchase, or make a claim within seven days.
Do Halfords Prices Include VAT?
Indeed they do! All Halfords prices include VAT at the current rate. The price shown should be the price you pay at checkout. This applies to Trade Card customers as well.
Does Halfords Do a Student Discount?
Halfords does not offer any discounts specifically for students.
Do NHS Staff Get a Discount at Halfords?
As NHS staff, you can join Health Service Discounts to access Halfords NHS discounts. These deals can be used with the Click and Collect service, and you’ll need to show your voucher collecting your order.
Summarising the Halfords Price Match Policy
Let’s sum it all up in a few short sentences, then. In a nutshell, the Halfords Price Match policy allows you to claim a price match when buying or within a week of shopping.
You’ll need to provide a current link quotation or photo as proof. The product or service must be identical, or comparable in the case of own-brand items.
Halfords also price matches products and services on offer: though of course, a list of terms and conditions does apply to the price match policy.