This easy peasy banana chocolate chip muffin recipe with oil is a weekly (sometimes more) happening for us. They go great in lunchboxes, or for morning tea at work.
Part of the reason we can make these so frequently is the recipe doesn’t require butter. We use rice bran oil but any vegetable oil will work.
Our recipe has no added sugar, other than the chocolate chips. In my opinion, the sweetness from the banana and chocolate chips is enough but you can add sugar if you want to.
Look no further for a chocolate chip banana muffins without butter recipe to add to your staple baking repertoire.
These delicious banana chocolate chip muffins are perfect for lunchboxes or morning tea. Adjust the chocolate to suit your tastes. No need to add sugar - the bananas and choc chips bring enough sweetness.
This muffin recipe with oil is very easy to make and super budget-friendly. Substitute the bananas and chocolate chips with your own combination.
These muffins freeze well.
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 3 large brown bananas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium egg
- 10 mls milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the flour and chocolate chips in a large bowl
- Add the mashed banana to the flour mix, combine
- In a separate dish, with a fork whisk the oil, egg and milk into a smooth mixture.
- Combine the oil mixture with the flour mixture
- Fill your muffin tray - using a tablespoon to add one large dollop for each muffin (I grease my muffin tray with butter paper for extra crunch, you can also use muffin cases).
- Bake at 180c for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
If self-raising flour isn't available, you can use plain flour with baking powder. I use the ratio of 1 cup of plain flour to 1 teaspoon of baking powder so this recipe would be 2 cups of plain flour and 2 tsps of baking powder.
If the mixture is too dry after adding the oil mixture, add a few dashes of milk.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g